Nurture Lakeland – The Tourism Conservation Partnership,Gold Supporter
At Lindeth Howe we’re helping to care for this living landscape by financing vital conservation work. We have been introduced to this project by the Tourism and Conservation Partnership who aim to raise funds from visitors and tourism businesses to maintain and enhance the Lake District. Our business is guided by the need to operate in a responsible fashion and we encourage our guests to support our activities in conservation through an ‘opt out’ contribution scheme. With your permission, we will add £2 to your final account as your donation to projects we are actively involved in. Lindeth Howe will contribute a further 15% to cover the administrative cost of funding the Projects Management team. So all of your contribution goes to the project in hand.
The types of projects include:
Red Squirrel Conservation
Tarn Hows Footpath Improvements
Holehird Garden Improvements
Other Footpath Projects
Along with supporting these projects we also try to help the environment by:
- Monitoring the usage of electricity and gas weekly, and adjust timeclocks and temperature to meet the needs of our guests.
- All glass bottles, cardboard and plastic are stored and sent for recycling.
- Where appropriate low wattage electric light bulbs are used.
- Staff are encouraged daily to check for areas of wastage.
- Wherever possible we purchase all supplies from within the county boundaries so as to support other local businesses and reduce transport costs.